If you are craving some serious burst of flavor, then you need to try cooking with cured meats. With the versatile range of meat options and many recipes to try, you will always satisfy your cravings. While there are many recipes, discussed below are the top 5 dishes you can try when cooking with cured meat.
Five different dishes you can cook with cured meats
If you want to cook something with cured meat, then make sure to try the following five recipes
1. Lamb belly BLT
It is a classic sandwich that gives you an immersive taste of lamb belly cured meat. That's not all, as you will combine it with bacon, mayo, mustard, and fresh tomatoes to have a fresh, smoky, and tangy taste. This sandwich can be an amazing snack or an appetizer; to make it, you must cure the lamb belly meat for at least three days.
Below are the directions that you will need to follow to make it:
- Take all your spices, i.e., ¼ cut kosher salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, 1/8 teaspoon curing salt, two tablespoons brown sugar, and one teaspoon tarragon to create the cure for your lamb belly. Rub the meat with the cure and refrigerate it for three days.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Take the lamb belly out of the fridge and rinse with cold water, then dry it out and place it in the roasting pan. Cover the pan with a lid or foil.
- Cook for at least 2 hours or until the meat can be penetrated easily with a fork.
- Make bacon mayo by cooking bacon to take its fat out for about 12 minutes and then combine it with two egg yolks after straining. Add ¼ teaspoon mustard powder, a pinch of onion powder, and ½ teaspoon vinegar, and whisk slowly. Add water if needed.
- Assemble the lamb belly with bacon mayo and slices of tomato in the bread, and you will be ready to serve.
It serves two people with a cooking time of 30 minutes. The recipe itself is considerably easy.
- White bread – 4 slices
- Baby romaine – 4 crispy leaves
- Heirloom tomatoes – 4 slices
- Eggs -2
- Chopped Bacon – 4 ounces
- Lamb belly – 1.5 pounds
2. Chinese Sausage with Broccolini and Friend Rice
This fusion dish is a late-night snack that almost anyone can make with ingredients present at home. The dish presents rich flavoring with a crunchy texture with lots of vegetable content. You may need a wok to prepare it.
Here is how you can make it:
- Heat your wok with medium heat and cook Chinese sausage for 5 minutes
- Remove sausage and then use sesame oil to fry one minced garlic clove for a minute. Add broccolini and one tablespoon of soy sauce, then cook for 2-3 minutes to tender. Keep stirring to prevent sticking.
- Now increase the heat to medium-high and add 1 cup of cooked rice and the sausage, one teaspoon of chili-garlic paste, and half scallions.
- Keep tossing and allow to sit for 30 seconds, then toss for 30 seconds again. After that, you will be ready to sever.
It serves two people with a cooking time of 20 minutes. The recipe itself is considerably easy.
- Chinese sausage – 2 links
- Broccolini – 1 bunch
3. Country Ham & Cheese Biscuit bread
This bread biscuit is loaded with cheese and has a salty taste of cured country ham. It can be a quick, anytime snack.
Follow the steps to make yours:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut your ham into half-inch pieces, then melt one tablespoon button on medium heat and sauté ham for 4 minutes. Let it rest
- Pulse half cup butter and 3 cups flour while adding buttermilk eight times until the dough forms
- Knead the dough for around 2 minutes and make four equal parts of the dough
- Place dough and then layer ham and grated cheese on it. Create two layers and top with bread, then brush with one tablespoon of butter(melted)
- Bake for 35 minutes at the same temperature and let cool for 25 minutes.
- Now you can serve it at room temperature.
It serves one loaf with a cooking time of 45 minutes. The recipe itself is considerably easy.
- Country ham – 6 ounces
- Cheddar cheese – 4 ounces
4. Involtini di Manzo
It is a traditional Italian dish with beef slices and some veggies. After cooking, everything is rolled up and served as meat rolls. You can add it to pasta or serve it with a stew.
Follow the steps below to make yours:
- Season beef slices with salt on both sides and place three sticks of carrot and one celery on each slice. Add one prosciutto, and then roll the meat.
- Secure with toothpicks and heat the olive oil on medium heat, then add the rolls and brown them on all sides. Set aside when done
- Add garlic to the same pan and golden it for 5 minutes. Add white wine with tomatoes and cook for a minute.
- Wait until simmer, and then add the rolls to the pan.
- Cook for around 30 minutes, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately while hot.
It serves six people with a cooking time of 40 minutes. The recipe itself is considered medium-difficult.
- Rump roast – 1 pound/6 slice
- Carrot – 1
- Celery stalk – 1
It is another type of roll that can be a quick snack. Flamenquin is a Spanish dish with eggs and meat, so it is simple to prepare.
Here is how to make it
- Flatten pork fillet with a meat mallet
- Add two minced garlic cloves and one lemon juice. Let marinate in the fridge for 2 hours
- Get the pork out and cover with a layer of Jamon serrano
- Place cheese sticks from end to end and roll the fillet
- Roll in flour, eggs, and then breadcrumbs.
- Heat ¼ inch deep olive oil on medium-high heat and golden on each side. Serve hot when done.
It serves four people with a cooking time of 30 minutes. The recipe itself is considerably easy.
- Eggs – 2
- Gruyere cheese – ¼ pounds
- Breadcrumbs – ¼ pounds
- Pork fillet – 4 of 150 grams each
These are the five different dishes you can cook with cured meat.
Cured meat is raw, and you can eat it in many ways. One of the best ways to eat cured meat is by trying different ways to cook it and creating unique dishes. That's exactly what we were discussing here. If you also want to get creative with cured meat, try the five dishes we discussed here.