This is one of my favorite recipes. Super easy to make and the bacon, asparagus, and balsamic vinegar really compliment each other well. This pairs excellent with steak, but can also pair well with any other meat like chicken or shrimp.
Serves 5 – 7
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 25 – 30 Minutes
- 1½ pounds asparagus, trimmed to 4 – 5 inches
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cut in half lengthwise
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 425°F / 220°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment.
- Place the trimmed asparagus on the prepared pan. Drizzle them with olive oil and generously season them with salt and pepper. Roll the asparagus back and forth on the pan to coat them evenly.
- Separate the asparagus spears into groups of 5 or 6. Arrange the spears so that their tips are all facing the same direction. Wrap the center of each bundle with one strip of bacon. (The bacon should overlap itself.)
- Place the bundled asparagus on the sheet pan with the tail of the bacon on the bottom. (This will keep the bundle nice and tight while the asparagus is cooking and prevent the bacon from curling up while roasting.)
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the bacon has browned and the asparagus is tender. Broil for the last few minutes of cooking until the asparagus bundles are crispy.
- While the asparagus is cooking, prepare the glaze: in a small saucepan, combine the balsamic vinegar and honey. Cook the mixture over medium-high heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until thickened. Allow the glaze to cool slightly (the reduction will thicken as it cools), then drizzle it over the cooked asparagus bundles and serve.
Ingredents, directions, and image from www.tiphero.com